Patriotic Crafts With Fabric Scraps
We are about to make this patriotic craft using scraps of fabric! This is a great project that you can make in under 30 minutes with just a handful of supplies.
To make this craft you will need:
- Piece of wood (mine is 3-1/2″ x 10″)
- White Paint
- Blue Vinyl/Transfer and e-cutter or blue paint and a stencil
- Strips of fabric and ribbon
To make this craft, start by painting your wood. I used Snow (Titanium) White paint and covered all the sides, except the back, with two coats. While the paint was drying, I created my word in Silhouette Studio and then cut it out with my Silhouette Cameo 3.
While the paint was drying, I created my word in Silhouette Studio. You will choose the size, the font, the everything before you go to cut your vinyl.
And then cut it out with my Silhouette Cameo 3.
Then weed your vinyl (remove the pieces you don't need). Use transfer to apply it to your piece of wood.
Once you are done, your piece of wood will look like this.
Decide how long you want your fabric and ribbon to hang. If you know where you want it to hang, I would measure it out from that space. You can make your ribbon fabric short or long, completely up to you. My strips are at 14″ long and range from 1/2″ to 1-1/2″ wide.
Cut or tear strips of fabric and ribbon.
Now it's time to hang the fabric. You can go with glue or staples – staples are MUCH faster. Since I am using pine for my plank, that's a soft wood, it was easy to open my stapler and just go to town adding fabric and ribbon to the backside of the wood.
Add a piece of ribbon or fabric as your hanger at the top of your wood.
Just like that, you are done! So fun, right?!?!
- If you are just starting out with using fabric on your crafts, buy fat quarters. You can buy these in sets or individually.
- Don't have an e-cutter? No worries! Open a text editor on your computer, choose your size and font – print it out and cut around it to make your own stencil and paint!
- Go beyond patriotic crafts. Think about doing this project for Halloween/Christmas – anything! Just have fun!
Thanks so much for joining me today for this patriotic crafts idea. If you are considering making this project, please leave me a comment below and let me know what holiday you would create it for. XOXO, Meg