Felt Pumpkin Craft
There is nothing like taking something like felt, Poly-Fil®, scraps of fabric, and green twine and turning into an adorable felt pumpkin craft!
This project is part of the huge 80th Birthday Party for Fairfield World – the maker of our favorite crafting supply – Poly-Fil®!
In the party box for Fairfield World's 80th Birthday Party Celebration, I received an adorable kit created by my friend for Three Little Pumpkins. It inspired me to create a big one using the same general directions.
Supplies Needed for This Felt Pumpkin Craft:
- Orange Felt or Fabric
- Green Fabric
- Brown Fabric
- Sewing Machine
- Green Twine
Directions for Felt Pumpkin Decor
- Cut 2 of pumpkin out of felt or fabric (same size). You can use a clip art image or you can free hand it. If you are free hand cutting, I recommend cutting both pieces of felt at the same time.
- Cut 2 stems out of brown and sew around three sides then flip and stuff with Poly-Fil®.
- Sew two pumpkins together with your right sides facing in, sewing stem into place. Be sure to leave opening at bottom.
- Turn your pumpkin inside out and stuff to your hearts centent!
- Sew your stuffing opening closed.
- Add green fabric and twine to create personality.
These make adorable shelf sitters, tiered tray decor, and also go great with a bottle of wine to gift to a friend.
Remember when I said I was inspired by, my friend, Laura's little pumpkins? Look at these? Aren't these the cutest things ever?
I am so excited that our box from Fairfield World included a kit to make her pumpkins!! AND, check this out – you can get a kit too! Since she knew people would ask for the kit, she already created them! You can get your own trio pumpkin kit here.
Happy, Happy Birthday Fairfield World! It's a treat to play with your products and an honor to get to work with you.
If you like this project, be sure to check out this project that also uses Poly-Fil®.
Thank you so much for stopping by to see this felt pumpkin craft. These have been a crazy few months (thank you 2020) – but you should see my craft room of fall supplies that are anxiously awaiting to be turned into crafts – and don't worry – I will share them all with you. XOXO, Meg